Climara Pro Warnings and Precautions
You should be aware of Climara Pro warnings and precautions before starting treatment. For instance, the medication can make certain health conditions worse, such as endometriosis, diabetes, and migraine headaches. Warnings and precautions with Climara Pro also apply to women who have certain allergies or are taking certain medications. You should not use Climara Pro if you have liver disease or breast cancer.
Climara Pro: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Climara Pro® (estradiol/levonorgestrel patch) if you have:
- A history of heart attack, blood clots, or stroke
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, or high triglycerides
- Heart disease or heart problems of any kind
- Cancer (or a history of cancer)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or estrogen use
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE, or lupus)
- Migraine headaches
- Hepatic hemangioma (a kind of liver tumor)
- Porphyria (a condition involving problems with certain enzymes in the body)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Any allergies, including allergies to drugs, foods, preservatives, or dyes.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are breastfeeding
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes.
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.