Climara Pro Side Effects
Skin reactions, breast pain, and vaginal bleeding are the most commonly reported Climara Pro side effects. However, most women have no problems; if side effects occur, they are often minor and easily treated. Some side effects of Climara Pro are potentially serious and require immediate medical attention, such as chest pain, migraines, and allergic reactions.
An Introduction to Climara Pro Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Climara Pro® (estradiol/levonorgestrel patch) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it well. If Climara Pro side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Climara Pro. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Climara Pro side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Climara ProClimara Pro has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the drug was compared to an estrogen-only skin patch, instead of a placebo (a "sugar pill" with no active ingredients). Because Climara Pro was not compared to a placebo, it is difficult to say with certainty that any of the common Climara Pro side effects discussed in this article are really due to Climara Pro. Many of these "side effects" might not really be side effects at all; they may be due to completely unrelated factors.
In these studies, the most common Climara Pro side effects included:
- Skin reactions at the application site -- in up to 40.6 percent of women
- Vaginal bleeding -- up to 36.8 percent
- Breast pain -- up to 18.9 percent
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold) -- up to 13.2 percent
- Back pain -- up to 6.1 percent
- Headaches -- up to 5.2 percent.
Other common side effects (occurring in 1 to 5 percent of women) included:
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Accidental injury
- Flu symptoms (such as fever and chills)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Water retention
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs, such as a bladder infection)
- Vaginal irritation or infection.