Treatment Tips for Climara Pro
When and How to Use This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind when using Climara Pro include the following:
- The medication comes as a skin patch. It is changed once a week.
- Apply the patch to an area of clean, dry skin on your lower abdomen (stomach).
- Try to avoid placing the patch right at your waistline, as your clothes may rub against the patch and loosen it.
- Rotate the application sites so that you do not apply a patch to the same place twice in a row.
- If a little adhesive remains on your skin after removing a patch, a little lotion or body oil can help remove it.
- Dispose of an old patch by folding it in half and throwing it away, out of the reach of children or pets. Do not flush it down the toilet.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one recommended dose for Climara Pro, regardless of your weight or the severity of your symptoms. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Climara Pro Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Climara ProJust like any medicine, Climara Pro can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects of Climara Pro include but are not limited to:
- Skin reactions where the patch was applied
- Unexpected vaginal bleeding
- Breast pain
- Upper respiratory tract infections (such as the common cold).
(Click Climara Pro Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)