Climara Pro Drug Interactions
If you take certain medications while using Climara Pro, drug interactions may occur that could increase your risk of side effects or decrease the effectiveness of the medications. Some of the medications that can interact negatively include barbiturates, certain antibiotics, and some seizure medications. If drug interactions with Climara Pro are a concern, your healthcare provider may adjust your dosages and monitor you more closely.
An Introduction to Climara Pro Drug InteractionsClimara Pro® (estradiol/levonorgestrel patch) has the potential to interact with numerous other medications, although many of the Climara Pro drug interactions are not considered serious. For instance, interactions that decrease the effectiveness of Climara Pro are not usually serious.
Some of the medicines that may lead to drug interactions with Climara Pro include:
- Barbiturates, such as:
- Butalbital (Fioricet®, Fiorinal®)
- Pentobarbital (Nembutal®)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal®)
- Certain antibiotics or antifungals, such as:
- Certain seizure medications, such as:
- Rifamycin antibiotics, including rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), and rifapentine (Priftin®)
- St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum), an herbal supplement
- Thyroid replacement medications, such as: