Climara Pro Alternatives
If Climara Pro does not adequately control your symptoms, or if you experience bothersome side effects, you can try one of the alternate treatment options available. Possible Climara Pro alternatives include other conventional medications, natural remedies, and non-drug treatments (such as coping strategies). If the risks of taking the drug outweigh the benefits, talk to your healthcare provider about which alternative is best for you.
Alternatives to Climara Pro: An OverviewClimara Pro® (estradiol/levonorgestrel patch) is a prescription hormone replacement medication. It is approved for a few different uses, such as treating hot flashes or night sweats. Although most women respond well to Climara Pro, it is not appropriate for all women. For some women, Climara Pro may not work well or the risks of using the drug may outweigh the potential benefits.
Fortunately, several alternatives to Climara Pro are available for menopause treatment, including:
- Other conventional medications
- Coping strategies
- Natural remedies.
Other Conventional Medications as Climara Pro SubstitutesClimara Pro contains an estrogen and a progestin. There are a few different combination estrogen/progestin medications that can serve as substitutes. These include:
- Activella® (an oral tablet)
- Angeliq® (an oral tablet)
- CombiPatch® (a skin patch)
- Femhrt® (an oral tablet)
- Premphase® (an oral tablet)
- Prempro™ (an oral tablet).
Other alternatives include estrogen-only medications, such as:
- Oral tablets -- Cenestin®, Enjuvia®, Estrace®, Femtrace®, Menest®, Ogen®, Premarin®
- Vaginal tablets -- Vagifem®
- Vaginal creams or gels -- Estrace® Vaginal Cream, Ogen® Vaginal Cream, Premarin® Vaginal Cream
- Vaginal rings -- Estring®, Femring®
- Skin patches -- Alora®, Climara®, Estraderm®, Menostar®, Vivelle-Dot®
- Gels, creams, or lotions applied to the skin -- Divigel®, Elestrin™, Estrasorb®, EstroGel®
- Spray (absorbed through the skin) -- Evamist™
- Injections -- Delestrogen®, Depo®-Estradiol.
Finally, some women may benefit from an estrogen plus a testosterone, such as Covaryx™ or Estratest®.