If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may administer activated charcoal or "pump the stomach" to help reduce the amount of the medication absorbed into the bloodstream.
Treatment will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment for a Brisdelle overdose may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous (IV) line
- Close monitoring of heart rhythm, blood pressure, and heart rate
- Medications to control an abnormal heart rhythm or high or low blood pressure, if needed
- Medications, such as a diazepam, to treat seizures.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have taken a Brisdelle overdose.