Does Anyone Need to Avoid Activella?
You should not use Activella if you:
- Are allergic to Activella, estradiol, norethindrone acetate, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a history of breast cancer.
- Have any cancer that is sensitive to estrogen.
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have ever had a blood clot or pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs).
- Have liver dysfunction or liver disease.
- Are pregnant (or think you might be pregnant).
There are a number of situations in which Activella should not be used, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Activella warnings and precautions that may apply to you.