Important Information on Activella
Activella is not the only available method of relieving menopausal symptoms. Other options include:
- Coping strategies (such as wearing lighter clothes for hot flashes or using a vaginal lubricant for dryness)
- Other medications
- Natural remedies, including herbal supplements and "bioidentical" hormone replacement.
People who take too much Activella may experience the following symptoms:
- Vaginal bleeding (in females).
(Click Activella Overdose for more information.)
Activella should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. The tablets should be stored in their original dispenser packaging. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
If you do not take your Activella as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Activella tablets come in the following strengths:
- Activella 1 mg/0.5 mg -- 1 mg of estradiol and 0.5 mg of norethindrone acetate per tablet
- Activella 0.5mg/0.1 mg -- 0.5 mg of estradiol and 0.1 mg of norethindrone acetate per tablet.
Both strengths of Activella come in a dispenser containing 28 tablets.